Wednesday, June 22, 2011

May 2011: AOA House of Delegates Voting Procedure

Editor:

I have followed the issue of votes cast by our POA president, then, regarding ABO. Perhaps I have been silent too long. I too brought delegate votes from our Northwest Society members which were to be largely cast against the ABO ideology.

I too, not polled and when I brought it up I was told point blank and to my face that it did not matter "no split vote would be cast by Pennsylvania because I will cast all votes for."

I personally discussed it with the then POA president and the incoming president, both of whom informed me that the decision was already made. Two other delegates left the room in disgust saying they too "were not being listened to may as well leave." They did. I remained and was in fact present when the number of votes did not reflect those offered by POA membership. Is that how the delegate process is supposed to function? Damage done, hopefully will change. My regards, to those who care.

Dan Casamento, O.D.
Bradford

No comments:

Post a Comment